Dr. Nassaf Ben Alia, Director General of the National Observatory of New and New Diseases, announced today, Thursday, March 19, 2020, during a media meeting held at the headquarters of the Ministry of Health, the recovery of the first case of the emerging coronavirus (COVID-19) and the registration of 10 new cases of this virus in Tunisia.
The results of 86 laboratory analyzes yielded 10 positive results, bringing the total number of people infected with this virus to 39 confirmed cases (25 imported cases, 14 local cases) that are in the following governorates:
- (09) One case in Ariana governorate, 4 of which are imported, in addition to 5 cases of local infection.
- (02) One case in Kairouan, one of which is imported, in addition to a local infection.
- (01) A case in the imported governorate of Gafsa.
- (03) One case in Mahdia Governorate, one of which is imported, in addition to two local infections.
- (14) In Tunisia, 9 cases were imported, in addition to 5 cases of local infection.
- (02) A case in the governorate of Bizerte, one of which is imported (she left Tunisia), in addition to a local case of infection.
- (1) A case in the state of Tataouine imported
- (2) A case in the imported governorate of Sousse.
- (1) A case in the imported state of Nabeul.
- (1) An imported case in the state of Ben Arous.
- (1) A case in the imported state of Medenine.
- (1) Case in Monastir, imported.
- (1) A case in Sfax, imported.
The Ministry of Health also annnounced that 8787 people have been subjected to self-quarantine to this day, of whom 5,628 have completed the period of health monitoring.